July 17, 2013

Slovenia

We left on my birthday to head over to Slovenia, and I had one of those brilliant days that makes my life seem super glamorous but wasn't really :)

Breakfast in Dublin, Lunch in Brussels (airport), Dinner in Ljubljana 


We arrived in Ljubljiana and was sadly disappointed with the weather. Rainy and 14 degrees- Not sure why we left Dublin! But the old city was lovely, and we walked around the town enjoying the little shops and cafes. 


City Mascot- Dragons 


Wearing every warm piece of clothing I brought with me 

After visiting, Ljublijiana, we headed the next day to Lake Bled where the scenery and the weather improved. It was GORGEOUS! We checked into a lovely little swiss-chalet like hotel and spent the days rowing on the lake (me-sitting, hubby-rowing), hiking the Julian Alps (me-huffing and puffing, hubby-sprinting along) and biking to the Vintgar Gorges (me- complaining, hubby -yelling). Good times were had by all! 


Our lovely little hotel 


Apparently not too happy, I'm just sitting there! 


 Beautiful Lake Bled 


Lake Bled at night 


Along the Julian Alps 


Zoom! (Happy before hitting the hills!) 


Vintgar Gorges and Waterfall 


Vintgar Gorges 



Next stop- Croatia! - Zagreb and Plitvic Lakes! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...