April 5, 2012

I might cry

Today was the day of my dreaded driving test... dun dun dun...

It was at 2 so I went to work first like a normal day and headed over to Churchtown driving center for my test. I got there early cause I wanted to take a quick one hour lesson beforehand and have some time to relax. So I lessoned and reversed around corners and was feeling really good. I had spare time so was reading my magazine, calling my mom and then when it was 20 to the test time, I headed up to the center.

Totally chilled out..and then... 10 minutes after the appointed test time, a guy came out and was like...er  are you here for a test? We don't have anyone scheduled right now...ermmm what? So I showed him my email and lo and behold... I was AT THE WRONG TEST CENTER. WTH!?!!?!?

So I raced over to the other test center (illegal on my Irish learner's permit, legal on my American license) hoping beyond hope that they could take me. If you're 30 seconds late they do not...and I was 20 minutes late.

I tried to cry my way into a test but no dice. WAAA!! The saddest thing to me... I wasted... ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY EUROS. Think of the shoes.....

On the plus side... Hubby ALSO had his test today (randomly) and passed... WHOPPEE!


2 comments:

Hitchhiker42 said...

Congratulations to your husband for passing. Sorry to hear about your experience. So I guess you didn't need to take "driver's training" lessons with an instructor since you already have an American drivers' license? I need to look into getting my Irish license too.

Ly said...

Hiya! I actually did take 2 lessons just cause I wanted to get use to the other side of the road. Also they really check for observation mirror, signal mirror move which I didn't have since I learned all these bad habits while driving in America :) Good luck with the test if you decide to take it soon! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...