September 18, 2013

Lights out

My lovely view from this evening's dinner:


Pitch black!!! 

We had a team dinner this evening, and we went to a "Dining in the Dark" restaurant.  I had read about this type of restaurant ages ago and thought it would be interesting, but then didn't think about it again until tonight.

It was definitely an experience! To be honest, when I heard about the activity, I was super excited, then I was scared. I tend to get a bit claustrophobic so freaked out a bit as we were walking into the restaurant. It was PITCH BLACK, and there's no adjusting of the eyes at all (which usually happens when you turn the light off before bed).

Since we were sitting in total darkness, we overcompensated by speaking much louder then normal. Surprisingly,  there were no spills at the table (the stemless wine glasses helped!), but it was really difficult to eat as expected. I would spear food onto my plate, bring it up to my mouth and the fork would be empty!!! :)

If you have the chance to experience dining in the dark, I would definitely recommend it, but to be honest, I don't think I would go back again. It was very strange and a bit scary. I was VERY thankful for my sight when the dinner was over!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...