November 10, 2012

I'll Never Do It Again

When we were traveling in Kenya, we met this older lady on our truck tour who had been all over the world. She was 60ish and had just finished climbing to Everest base camp. NUTS! We talked about all her travel adventures, and she said something that stuck with me. In all her travels, her most unique, interesting, but also strangest experience was in India. As she put it, I.N.D.I.A, I'll never do it again.

I heartily agreed with her after my first experience in India. While I'm glad I did it, it is such an overwhelming country. Coupled with the fact that I got sooo sick, I've always said it's a country I wouldn't ever go visit again.


Well, it seems I've been proven a liar. Yesterday, I booked my tickets to Hyderabad, which was recently named one of the top ten cities of 2013 by Lonely Planet. To be honest with you, I'm kind of excited to go. 


Along the lakes in Udaipur 

Since I've been already, I'm hoping that I won't be so overwhelmed and will be able to take in more of the culture. I'm already planning to visit the gorgeous palace in the city for high tea, and I'm looking for a place to do some yoga. (I'm going for work but will be over there during the weekend in case you think I'm a complete slacker).

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...