September 8, 2009

Scottish Cuisine

If it's not already apparent, I LOVE food and love trying out new and crazy foods even more so - remember the goat's brain in Morocco?

While planning my trip to Scotland I was very very excited to try Haggis which is sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices mixed with stock. It is then traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach - Yum, right?

I didn't get the traditional Haggis. I got them served in balls instead- deep fried.


Actually, everything was deep fried in Scotland. I saw deep fried sausage, deep fried pizza, even deep fried hamburgers! The pals and I tried a deep fried Mars bar because Scotland is famous for it.

Cute restaurant while there- Oink
Yes! That's a whole pig in the window.

Biggest disappointment - This guy

I saw an ad for it and thought it would be Vietnamese. Not so much. BOO!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...