November 18, 2013

Baby Shower Activities

On to the activities... My sister knows I'm not 100% into baby shower games; however, she pulled together the cutest activities for my baby shower.

She started off with a baby word scramble which was just the right amount of cute but not overly competitive :) The only funny thing about the scramble is that she pulled it off a US website, and some of the gals were really stuck on some of the U.S. words including- stroller/ pram, diapers/ nappies, onesies/babygro and pacifier/dummy. The scramble took a bit longer then expected :)

My favorite activity from the day was the Baby's ABC book. My sister bought a photo album and printed out sheets with the letters from A-Z and guests drew pictures to represent each letter. I was so impressed with everyone's drawing skills! If you're planning a baby shower any time soon, I highly recommend this activity. It's so personal!




My sister also set up a station for people to draw pictures on onesies for the little one. This was really adorable as well, and again I couldn't believe how creative people were!




Finally, my sister requested that guests bring their favorite childhood books to help build the baby's library. I love this as well because a lot of the books that were brought were very Irish! I can't wait to read them myself!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww what a sweet shower! congrats!

Nina said...

Congratulations Ly on your baby!! :-)

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

Hope everything is okay with you and the baby!

Ly said...

Hi!! All is well here. Thanks for the message 30something wife. I'm loving my mommy life! However I've taken to showering in my free time instead of updating the blog ;) I'm sure everyone around me appreciates it! Xxx

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

So glad to hear it - that you are loving mommy life, not that you are showering (though, I agree it is a better use of your free time - HA!) Congratulations and hope to hear from you on your blog in the future!!! Enjoy these precious moments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...