January 8, 2013

Chicago - {Part 2- The sights}

As you can see, most of my sights in Chicago involved a fork. However, my sister did take me around to see some of the hot spots. Since, she was working during the week I got to explore the city by myself. This is a first! If I'm traveling alone, it's usually with work so I have a schedule, but this time, I didn't.

I got to

  • eat when and whatever I wanted (Hello, big bowl of tator tots the size of my face)
  • go back to Target 20 times with no one complaining
  • grab tea when I needed a break 
  • visit old friends
  • brave the cold for a boat tour 
  • stand in front of the Nordstrom mirrors for 20 minutes debating on boots and no one rushed me
I've got to travel alone more often - It was glorious! 


Obligatory Tourist shot 


Cold Walk along Lake Michigan 


A first! Uggs on the beach 


Gorgeous theatre 


This is a Wal-greens. Can you believe it? The building used to be a bank. I may have spent 20 minutes here. 


Far from home! 


Finding the start of my architecture tour at Navy Pier 




Braving the cold for a tour on the river


USA! USA! 
 

Color coordinated friends


The TATOR TOTS! 


 Sears Tower 



Pretty Lights 


Getting my hair did at the Beauty Bar 


So Hip- Whiskey and Pabst 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...