January 4, 2013

Chicago - {Part 1- The food }

I loved my trip to Chicago. It's one of those cities that hubby, and I have discussed living in if we moved back to the States even though neither of us had ever been.

I was staying with my sister and she was the best host. My weekend there consisted of food, shopping, meeting friends and eating more food. I forgot how much food arrives to your table at restaurants in the States -  PLUS, it's BYOB in most restaurants. Amazing!

I'll let the pictures do the talking!



Picked up at the airport with Vietnamese sandwiches! 


My most favorite concept in the world. 


The dinner gang 

Add caption
Late Night Tacos at Big Star  -Anthony Bourdain approved 


Korean BBQ 


The name. I know it's a tourist joint but I had to go. 


Massive food portions 


BYOB!!! Sushi dinner with friends 


 Dinner at the Publican - Also Anthony Bourdain approved 


That about sums up how I felt after the weekend! 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm Big Star tacos and Chicago hot dogs!

This is going to sound a little creepy, but I think I may have seen you at the Dublin airport? I was in line at baggage claim and thought I recognized you at the other side... but after a sleepless overnight flight from Chicago, and not having officially met you, I didn't try to say hello, haha. Was that you?

Hope you had a good time in Chicago. Speaking from experience, it's a great place to consider should you ever decide to move back!

Ly said...

Ekks! It was me, and I saw you too but was like she's totally going to think I'm a creeper. I should have come over and said Hi! We should totally get together for a catch up soon. Email? Utran28 @ gmail.com. chat soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...