August 16, 2012

Les crevettes

The gals and I seriously spent the entire weekend eating. We went from restaurant to ice cream shop to pastry shop and back to the restaurant again. I, no doubt, gained 5 pounds and had to pull out the big girl swimsuit (I bought this in Italy where I also ate and ate and ate...seems to be a running theme!).

Since we were by the sea, there was fresh seafood aplenty and I stuffed myself with shrimp, scallops and mussels. My favorite dish below. I ordered shrimp about 3 out of 5 dinners regardless of the restaurant we were in. I just loved them so much.

The size of my hand. SO good! 

The gals and I treated ourselves on Saturday night to dinner at Le Pim'pi, the top rated restaurant in Biarritz on TripAdvisor, and it didn't disappoint. We went three courses and shared a bit of everything. I had this awesome duck stuffed pepper with mushroom sauce that was soo good. If the waitress had brought out a bath with the sauce, I would have jumped in. YUM!
The steak that was shared. YUM! 

Coffee and mini dessert! I don't even drink coffee, but wanted to try bites of all desserts so ordered this little gem. A mini rum cake, creme bruelee and chocolate mousse. So good! 



Other treats at the weekend. 

Breakfast Jambon - This was three portions. We're not pigs!

I became obsessed with Salted Caramel Ice Cream when I was studying last year in France. The girls had to tell me to shut up because I may or may not have freaked out every time I saw it on the menu. We ordered this to share and instead of ordering 4 spoons, we ordered 4 pigs. oops! 

Salted Caramel Ice Cream 


Pretty Macaroons 


My happy G&T 
Obsession Continued - Salted Caramel Lollipop!  



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...